Have ever wanted to start an online portfolio on your work? Or maybe you already have one, but want to improve it. Learn how to build an advanced portfolio site that showcases various types of content using the free open-source application WordPress. Author Morten Rand-Hendriksen demonstrates creating custom post types, differentiating and classifying content with custom taxonomies, and working with custom post templates. The course also shows how to embed YouTube videos, build index pages, display the latest posts from different custom post types, and hook custom post types into separate themes. Exercise files accompany with the course.
- Exploring online portfolios
- Creating the site architecture
- Incorporating advanced custom post type functionalities
- Hooking a custom taxonomy to a post type
- Understanding how hierarchy relates to taxonomies
- Populating content into custom post types
- Handling multiple post type templates
- Displaying a list of links to the latest custom post type posts
- Building static pages for the front and the blog
- Creating a contact page with a contact form
HOW TO LOGIN:
- Go to mylmu.edu and log in using your LMU credentials.
- Click on the “Systems Login” menu.
- Scroll down and click on “lynda.com (online training library)”
- Click on the “Start Now” button and you will be redirected to lynda.com.
- Once you are logged in to lynda.com, click the screenshot at the top of this post and you will be redirected to the Online Portfolio course!