Want to design your own ebook? There’s a Lynda.com course for that. In this course, author and educator Chris Mattia demonstrates how to use the Apple iBooks Author application to create and publish your own ebook, without extensive design or publishing experience. The course demonstrates the process of adding all of the components of a dynamic ebook, including engaging text, images, audio, video, 3D models, and dynamic web content. It also shows how to customize the iBooks Author interface and leverage built-in templates to produce a beautifully designed and polished ebook. The course wraps up with a review of the iBookstore publishing process.
- Installing iBooks Author
- Creating a book cover
- Creating pages, chapters, and sections
- Adding visual interest
- Creating a table of contents and a glossary
- Working with templates and placeholders
- Importing text from Pages or Microsoft Word
- Formatting text
- Adding objects such as titles, labels, and captions
- Inserting images
- Adding tables and charts
- Working with widgets such as movies, 3D objects, and interactive images
- Creating review sections with multiple choice and matching questions
- Exporting a book as an iBook, PDF, or text document
- Publishing to the iBookstore
HOW TO LOGIN:
- Go to mylmu.edu and log in using your LMU credentials.
- Click on the “Systems Login” menu.
- Scroll down and click on “lynda.com (online training library)”
- Click on the “Start Now” button and you will be redirected to lynda.com.
- Once you are logged in to lynda.com, click the screenshot at the top of this post and you will be redirected to the iBooks Author course!