When it’s done right, mentoring helps people take positive steps forward in their careers—which also helps develop the talent pool in an organization. In this short course, author Todd Dewett shows you simple steps to become a mentor who works with others to achieve more in their professional lives. He explains the difference between coaching and mentoring, and provides simple techniques for becoming an effective mentor. Learn how to agree on a mentoring schedule and goals, ask smart questions, provide straightforward advice, and more.
HOW TO LOGIN:
- Go to mylmu.edu and log in using your LMU credentials.
- Click on the “Systems Login” menu.
- Scroll down and click on “lynda.com (online training library)”
- Click on the “Start Now” button and you will be redirected to lynda.com.
- Once you are logged in to lynda.com, click the screenshot at the top of this post and you will be redirected to the Mentoring Others course!