People read differently online: they scan. They’re trying to find information quickly. Writing with this goal in mind makes a website more appealing, and makes customers more likely to visit more often and buy products and services. In this course, Chris Nodder offers seven practical techniques for writing successfully on the web, including front-loading content, writing at the right grade level, avoiding jargon, and keeping content up to date. Test your knowledge as you complete each chapter, and make sure your writing is leading to a positive user experience.
HOW TO LOGIN:
- Go to mylmu.edu and log in using your LMU credentials.
- Click on the “Systems Login” menu.
- Scroll down and click on “lynda.com (online training library)”
- Click on the “Start Now” button and you will be redirected to lynda.com.
- Once you are logged in to lynda.com, click the screenshot at the top of this post and you will be redirected to the Writing for the Web course!