Each year on January 28th the U.S. Canada, and even Europe observes Data Privacy Day to create awareness and educate consumers to better understand the benefits and risks of sharing personal data. In honor of Data Privacy Day we have listed some Privacy Tips below. Enjoy and share them amongst your friends and family!
Share With Care
- What you post can last a lifetime: Before posting online think about how it might be perceived now and in the future and who might see it.
- Own your online presence: Set the privacy and security settings on web services and devices to your comfort level for information sharing. It’s ok to limit how and with whom you share information.
- Be aware of what’s being shared: Be aware that when you share a post, picture or video online, you may also be revealing information about others. Be thoughtful when and how you share information about others.
- Post only about others as you have them post about you: The golden rule applies online as well.
Personal Information Is Like Money. Value It. Protect It.
- Think before you act: Be wary of communications that implore you to act immediately, offer something that sounds too good to be true or ask for personal information.
- Get two steps ahead: Switch on two-step verification or multi-factor authentication wherever offered to prevent unauthorized access.
Learn more here.