WITI started in 1989 as The International Network of Women in Technology and evolved into The WITI Professional Association in 2001, the world’s leading trade association for tech-savvy women. WITI’s mission is to empower women worldwide to achieve unimagined possibilities and transformations through technology, leadership and economic prosperity. The org has a network for professionals, corporate, global executives, and students.
The WITI Goals are:
1. Provide a platform of connections, resources and opportunities
2. Transform corporate and media perceptions of women
3. Create a pipeline of women to fill leadership positions in corporate America
4. Demonstrate that advancing women directly contributes to the prosperity of all
5. Influence top leaders in government, academia and industry to recognize the purchasing power of women
6. Encourage girls and young women to choose business and technology careers