Ever wanted to learn the various levels of how to work Microsoft Excel? Whether you’re a novice or an expert wanting to refresh your skillset with Microsoft Excel, this Lynda.com course covers all the basics you need to start entering your data and building organized workbooks. Author Dennis Taylor teaches you how to enter and organize data, perform calculations with simple functions, work with multiple worksheets, format the appearance of your data, and build charts and PivotTables.
- What is Excel and what is it used for?
- Using the menus
- Working with dates and times
- Creating simple formulas
- Formatting fonts, row and column sizes, borders, and more
- Inserting shapes, arrows, and other graphics
- Adding and deleting rows and columns
- Hiding data
- Moving, copying, and pasting
- Sorting and filtering data
- Printing your worksheet
- Securing your workbooks
- Tracking changes
HOW TO LOGIN:
- Go to mylmu.edu and log in using your LMU credentials.
- Click on the “Systems Login” menu.
- Scroll down and click on “lynda.com (online training library)”
- Click on the “Start Now” button and you will be redirected to lynda.com.
- Once you are logged in to lynda.com, click the screenshot at the top of this post and you will be redirected to the Excel course!
For more hands-on training Faculty and Staff can attend one of our ITS workshop:
- Excel: Managing Data with Filters, Subtotals, and PivotTables (Oct.22 or Nov.12)
- Excel: Beyond the Basic Functions (Nov.6 or Dec.6)
- Excel: Tips and Shortcuts Everyone Should Know (Dec.12)