Manage your personal and professional schedules better with Google Calendar. This course shows you how to get started scheduling events, keeping track of your to-dos, and accessing it all on the go. Author Jess Stratton first shows you how to change the way the calendar looks and acts to make it better suit your needs, and then moves straight into creating single or repeating events, inviting guests, and adding rooms and resources to an event. Then learn how to respond to invitations and the ins and outs of pop-up reminders and email notifications. You’ll learn how to create an additional calendar and share your calendar with others, as well as create a task list where you can assign tasks to others. The last chapter of this course covers Google Labs as well as accessing your Google Calendar on your phone or tablet.
- Navigating Google Calendar
- Setting calendar preferences
- Creating an event
- Setting up repeating events
- Inviting guests
- Responding to invites
- Setting up reminders
- Working with tasks
- Sharing calendars
- Searching for events
- Accessing your calendar on a mobile device
HOW TO LOGIN:
- Go to mylmu.edu and log in using your LMU credentials.
- Click on the “Systems Login” menu.
- Scroll down and click on “lynda.com (online training library)”
- Click on the “Start Now” button and you will be redirected to lynda.com.
- Once you are logged in to lynda.com, click the screenshot at the top of this post and you will be redirected to the Google Calendar Essential Training course!