WordPress powers millions of blogs and websites. Learn how to create your own with this powerful publishing platform. Staff author Morten Rand-Hendriksen will help you get the most out of the self-hosted version of WordPress and create feature-rich blogs and websites. Morten explains how to create and publish posts and pages; customize your site with themes, widgets, and custom menus; and extend WordPress even further with plugins. Even more, Morten will show how to get more readers with social media sharing and comments, and adjust the settings that keep your site safe and secure.
- What is WordPress?
- Installing and running WordPress
- Publishing posts and pages
- Using page templates
- Inserting images, video, and other media
- Editing posts
- Changing themes
- Installing plugins
- Adding other users
- Securing your WordPress site
HOW TO LOGIN:
- Go to mylmu.edu and log in using your LMU credentials.
- Click on the “Systems Login” menu.
- Scroll down and click on “lynda.com (online training library)”
- Click on the “Start Now” button and you will be redirected to lynda.com.
- Once you are logged in to lynda.com, click the screenshot at the top of this post and you will be redirected to the WordPress Training Essentials course!